Tasty Tacos (GF, DF, Whole 30)
Tacos were the highlight of my weekend, after spending hours tending to poison ivy and injuries from a fall yesterday. Needless to say, I am a bit of a mess right now. I'm typing with a bandaged thumb and middle finger to distract myself from my inflammed and itchy skin.
Since I've been in vacation recovery mode the past few days, I will save you from thr boring details of my life and share something much more interesting; a recipe.
I came up with this concoction Friday night, while restocking my fridge after a week out of town. I was looking for something simple and tasty. I had salsa, avocados, red onion, chicken, bacon and tortillas on hand. Naturally, tacos were in order.
Here's how it went down:
Ingredients (makes two tacos):
- Two pieces of bacon
- six ounces of chicken (or desired protein)
- 1/2 cup of organic salsa
- 1/2 cup of guacamole
- 1/4 cup of red onion
- Two tortillas (I used Siete Foods Cassava and Coconut tortillas)
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Bake two pieces of bacon in oven until crispy (8-10 minutes)
- On a separate baking sheet, combine chicken, red onion and two table spoons of salsa, bake for five minutes, then add bacon to sheet
- Warm tortillas in a pan
- Add chicken, bacon, guac and salsa to tortillas
- If you use the ingredients listed above, this recipe it naturally gluten free, grain free, dairy free and as a result, Whole 30 approved. It's versatile and could easily be doubled or tripled to feed a family. Plus, if use rotisserie chicken like I did, it only takes a few minutes.