November is here and I can't believe it! It feels like I just set my goals for October. Alas, here we are again, the beginning of a new month.
October was a crazy, personally and professionally. I dove headfirst into fall, visiting Blooms and Berries Farm Market, carving pumpkins and piling on the layers. I also attended the NTA Fuel Adventure summit, enrolled in Laura Schoenfeld’s ‘Get Your Period Back’ program and started a yoga practice.
In my 'Falling Into Place' post, I outlined some goals for the month. In an effort to hold myself accountable, I shared this information with you guys. I know you are dying to know where I stand, so here’s my monthly check in:
1. Reduce caffeine intake. I’m trying! I drink half-caf throughout the week but find myself reaching for the strong stuff on weekends or while traveling. I know this is not the end of the world but, I made this goal to reduce my cortisol response. So, I will keep working on it!
2. Keep up with your yoga practice. I’ve been making an effort to attend a class at least once a week. I really enjoy it and want to keep yoga in my routine.
3. Shoot for seven hours of sleep each night. Fall means it’s darker earlier and much easier for me to put myself to bed. I still have some work to do, as I tend to fall asleep in front of the TV. These goals are about progress, not perfection. I will keep working at it!
4. Slow down, allow more time for rest. I am a busy body, so leaning into downtime is a struggle for me. I can honestly say, I have really made an effort. I have been taking baths, binge watching ‘The Office’ and skipping workouts in favor of off days. Though I have some work to do, it's a step in the right direction.
5. Stay strong, lift twice a week. Though I am not going to gym twice a week, I make an effort to incorporate functional movement into my routine. This means push-ups and squats when I'm feeling froggy. I want to expand on this goal, adding more functional movement to my routine.
My November goals are going to look a little different. Below is an outline:
1. Continue with the 'Get Your Period Back' program. Focus on sleep, adequate calorie intake and rest.
2. Practice gratitude. I have the Gratitude journal and want to make it a goal to complete an entry each day.
3. Create a new bedtime ritual.
4. Send two cards.
5. Connect with friends you haven't seen in awhile.
1. Post twice a week.
2. Make new connections.
3. Schedule a speaking engagement.
4. Spent more time creating.
Share your goals for this month in the comments!